From teaching labs, technology equipped classrooms, computer labs and student study areas, the Science Center is a place where students interact with each other and their professors. This is where careers are born in nursing, biological sciences, medicine and research. Renovations are well underway at the Center for Science thanks to an anonymous $2 mMillion gift from a university alumnus.
Upgrading the labs, classrooms and technology of today will create QU's great minds of tomorrow. Advancements to our teaching laboratories, technology-equipped classrooms, computer labs and facilities will keep QU at the forefront of science and technology students' minds.
Progressive topics require progressive study methods. The days of crowding around a table with notebooks have been supplemented by smart boards, remote collaboration and tablet computers. We must continue providing our students with the tools and opportunities to succeed.
The new Center for Science gives students unprecedented research opportunities inside and outside the classrooms. Dedicated Faculty-Student research labs will give students an opportunity to participate in research at the undergraduate level… an experience that will set QU graduates apart.
The Future is NOW
“Science has always been an integral part of the Quincy College/Quincy University curriculum. The current educators, immersed in the Franciscan Mission of Quincy University, will continue to graduate a fine product. Quincy University must continue to provide cutting edge facilities to train the next generation of students to accomplish their goals and careers.”- Dr. John Natalini, Emeritus Professor of Biology
- Organic Chemistry Lab
- General Chemistry Lab
- Molecular Biology Lab
- Anatomy, Physiology, Genetics, & Neurobiology Lab
- Physics/Physical Science Lab
- Biology Lab (Ecology, Life Sciences, Immunology, Environmental Science, Field Biology, Invertebrate Zoology)
- Microbiology Lab
- Psychology and Human Services Observation Lab
- Aviation Simulator Lab
- Faculty-Student Research Laboratories
- Molecular Biology/Biochemistry Lab
- Immunology/Microbiology Lab
- Psychology Behavioral and Cognitive Testing Lab
- Student study space and computer lab
- New food service venue for North Campus